Tuesday, August 13, 2013


    
    I was out in the desert this weekend at our second home, where, borrowing the words from an old song "nothing is heard of a discouraging word" except if someone is discussing their round of golf.  While waking my dogs for their morning ride in my golf cart I got to 'thinking of what's going on in this country and all I could think of was What Happened? And when did it happen?

1.  In the mid to late 50's I saw President Truman at a Rams game in Los Angeles walking up the aisle as everyone was yelling "Give them hell, Harry".
2.  In 1967 I believe, I got off the plane from Los Angeles to New York and went to the baggage claim and there was former Vice President & Governor Richard Nixon waiting with some people for his luggage.  He had flown first class and I obviously didn't.
3.  In the early 1990's my son and I were going to an office in Century City and as we turned the corner in the lobby my son walked into Ronald Reagan. The security guys with him laughed as my son said he was sorry.
4.   In the mid 2000's I went to a luncheon in Century City which was attended by Jimmy Carter.  When I parked in the building I had to open my trunk for an inspection.  I met him and had a picture taken with him as my company had built a house for Habitat for Humanity.
5.   In the middle 2000's Bill Clinton was the honored guest at a house in my gate guarded community and as I drove by the house he was going in so, I honked and waived and he waived back. I bring this up because none of it was a big deal.  Today, however, when the President travels, streets are closed, Freeways in Los Angeles are closed, sections of downtowns are closed.  WHY?
View Full Article

No comments: