Sunday, March 9, 2014

Palin: "I Do Not Like This Uncle Sam, I Do Not Like His Health Care Scam"
        
Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio may be among the top contenders for the GOP's next presidential ticket, but today conservatives got a new Dream Team in Sarah Palin and Dr. Seuss.
Taking a page out of Sen. Ted Cruz's play book, former Governor Palin used a beloved children's author to take President Obama to task on his failed policies during her keynote speech for this years Conservative Political Action Conference. Here was the line that first had the crowd roaring:
"I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care plan."
Then she just kept them coming:
"I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their crony deals."
"I do not like this spyin' man, I do not like, 'Oh, yes we can.'"
"I do not like this kind of 'hope,' and we won’t take it nope, nope, nope."
Not all of her speech relied on witty couplets, however. For instance, Palin put the rhymes away and looked the audience straight in the eye when discussing the need for a powerful national defense.
“It’s like a liberal on gun control. Mr. President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke, is a good guy with a nuke.”
To the crowd's delight, Palin also took an opportunity to acknowledge she predicted years ago that Russia would begin to try and expand its reach by invading Ukraine:
"I’m probably being too hard on the president…after all, who could’ve seen this coming?
She ended her speech as she always does - with a bright look at our country's future. And of course she couldn't help throwing in a jab or two.
"This is a great awakening. The age of Obama is almost over. The end of an error."
There aren't many people who can rile up a crowd like Sarah Palin. Her electrifying collaboration with Dr. Seuss was a fitting finale to an already inspiring conference.
In honor of your bold nursery rhymes Governor Palin, I’ve produced one of my own:
Some critics may say she’s “going rogue,”
But she proved conservative principles are still in vogue.
She’s a Mama Grizzly who’s nobody’s fool,
And she just took the president back to school.
The End.

No comments: