Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Goes to show, it's the BLACKS that keep racism going, MORE should think the way this girl does

Oprah flips when Raven Symone says she’s ‘American’ not ‘African-American’
"Isn't that what America is supposed to be?"
   “I’m tired of being labeled. I’m an American. I’m not an African-American; I’m an American,” Raven said.
  “Oh, girl, don’t set up Twitter on fire,” Oprah said. “You’re going to get a lot of flak for saying you’re not African-American.”
   “What I really mean by that is I’m an American. That’s what I really mean,” Raven replied. “I have darker skin. I have a nice, interesting grade of hair. I connect with caucasian. I connect with Asian. I connect with black. I connect with Indian. I connect with each culture,” Raven said.
“You are a melting pot in one body,” Oprah said.
“Isn’t that what America is supposed to be?” Raven declared.
   Glenn thought Raven’s comments were fantastic.
   “I think that’s absolutely fantastic. Who wants to be defined their sexuality?” he said. “That is unbelievable. This is Martin Luther King’s dream. I’m an American.”
   “When Raven says, I just want to be identified as a human, good for you. Good for you,” Glenn said. “Let’s stop dividing ourselves and let’s start being intellectually curious and accepting the fact that other people are going to go in a different direction. And stop trying to win and start trying to understand each other.”   MORE

No comments: