Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I don't think he's flip-flopping but we'll see what happens if/when he gets elected

 
Trump: I Will 'Obey Existing Laws' on Immigration

Donald Trump said Monday he will "obey the existing laws" when it comes to immigration if he becomes president, vowing to deport gang members, murderers, and other "bad people."
Trump appared on "The O'Reilly Factor" amid reports that he will alter his stance on immigration issues.
"We are going to obey the existing laws," Trump told host Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. "Now the existing laws are very strong. The existing laws, the first thing we are going to do if and when I win, we are going to get rid of all of the bad ones.
"We have gang members, we have killers. We have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country. We are going to get them out. The police know who they are."
Trump added that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama both deported people using the nation's immigration laws.
The real estate mogul said he met with leaders of the Hispanic community Monday and discussed immigration and other topics.
Regarding Paul Manafort, his former campaign chairman who resigned last week amid reports that he had ties to Russia, Trump said, "I wanted to keep Paul as a chairman but it was just something I felt we should do... I ultimately decided he's a good guy.
 
"[But] I ultimately decided I want to run the campaign the way I want to run the campaign."

No comments: