Sunday, February 11, 2018

I wanted to post something about the "memo" even considered writing it myself, but I'm glad I didn;t cause I'm sure I couldn't have competed with this article by Bruce Bialosky (Townhall Daily) although this pretty much sums up what I think on the whole situation. "A NOTHING BURGER"


What They Will Not Tell You About 'The Memo'  Bruce Bialosky  Posted: Feb 11, 2018

What They Will Not Tell You About 'The Memo'

I am no Shakespearean scholar, but I do know the line from Hamlet: “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.“ That is what came to mind leading up to the release of the Intelligence Committee “FISA memo.” There were many who did not want us to see it, but there is a lot they still are not telling us.

When the memo was released I devoured it. After all, the buildup was monumental. The head of the FBI, Christopher Wray, had spent a reported hour and a half reading it. Then he sent over to two more people to review the memo – one each from the Bureau’s counterintelligence and legal divisions. I read it. It took seven minutes.


Any person who has been following the developments of the Russian Saga learned virtually nothing new. The players had become as familiar as my local baseball team. There were maybe two revelations in here:

1. A positive confirmation that the Steele Dossier was submitted to a judge as if it were not a work of fiction.

2. That Andrew McCabe, then the second in command at the FBI, told a Congressional committee there would have been no FISA submittal without the dossier.

There were no “sources and methods” as maliciously stated by Adam Schiff (D-CA) who is the minority leader on the Intelligence committee. There was little that had not been leaked by both sides.

What are they not telling you:


1. We are not grown up enough to know basic facts about what is a major investigation hanging over a presidential administration from Day One. Only the insiders and their favored members of the press are deemed worthy of knowing the facts.

2. Because the press must protect the establishment they are supposed to investigate, they will not point out the obvious: if the establishment is hyperventilating over the public reading a memo crafted by members of a congressional committee responsible for oversight, then what are they really hiding?

No comments: