Tuesday, September 15, 2020

I would certainly like to see Ted Cruz on the supreme court....!

Ted Cruz Speaks Out After Trump Adds Him To Supreme Court Shortlist  BY LIFEZETTE  SEPTEMBER 14, 2020

 link for youtube video......https://youtu.be/6a_oBhyX7OE


Last week, President Donald Trump added Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) to a shortlist of potential names that he would appoint to the Supreme Court. On Sunday, Cruz spoke out about this to politely say that he does not have any interest in being on the Supreme Court, as he has other political priorities he wants to accomplish in life.

Cruz Reveals If He Wants To Be On Supreme Court

When Fox News host Maria Bartiromo asked Cruz if he would want the job, he replied, “You know, I don’t. It is deeply honoring, it’s humbling to be included in the list. I’m grateful that the president has that confidence in me. But it’s not the desire of my heart.”

Cruz has long been passionate about the Supreme Court, and he is even releasing a book about the highest court in the land before Election Day. Actually serving on the Supreme Court himself, however, is not something that interests Cruz. He explained to Bartiromo that he feels he can better serve the judiciary from the legislative branch, and he has been open about wanting to run for president again in 2024.

“I want to be in the political fight,” Cruz said. “I want to be fighting to nominate and confirm three, four, five principled, constitutionalist justices. But that’s not where I want to serve. I want to stay fighting right where I am in the US Senate.”

1 comment:

MarcusZ1967 said...

Vid link blocked by Fox, here is the full interview.

https://youtu.be/6a_oBhyX7OE