Friday, November 22, 2013

Disturbing ‘Knockout’ Game Trend Hits Philadelphia Streets
 
Disturbing ‘Knockout’ Game Trend Hits Philadelphia Streets



 
The growing trend of attacks in a “Knockout” game have been reported in several cities and towns, and now Philadelphia is the latest to be added to that list. Police throughout the area are investigating three attacks by African-American suspects, two in Lower Merion and one in Northeast Philadelphia. The violent and in some cases fatal game involves one person trying to knock an unsuspecting victim unconscious with a single punch.
“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out of my pocket, I was getting hit by four kids,” said Mark Cumberland, one of the Philadelphia victims. “It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing. There’s no reason at all. They didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”
     Two African-American suspects, Samuel Hayes and Markus January, were arrested last month after they allegedly beat an elderly man walking his dog. A lieutenant with Lower Merion police said they “punched him right in the mouth and knocked him to the ground. The victim began to scream and yell for someone to call the police.”
A suspect is also on the loose in Philadelphia after he allegedly attacked an elderly man mowing his lawn. The man’s neighbor, Bruce Myer, said to a local CBS News affiliate that “a kid came up to him and just started punching him in the mouth. He ended up laying on the street with his lawnmower. The kid did it on a dare. He said give me five dollars and I’ll knock that guy out.”

 

No comments: