Thursday, November 2, 2017


Newly Unveiled Dinosaur Fossil is Best Preserved Of Its Kind | National Geographic
By Kelly Nov 1st 2017
I know I normally do a "think" piece in the morning but this item blew me away and I just wanted to share it. It's like winning the fossil lottery!  And who doesn't love a dinosaur? Especially one like this! Even some of its innards are still intact. 
The dinosaur is so well preserved that it "might have been walking around a couple of weeks ago," said one paleobiologist, "I've never seen anything like this."



See the remains of a nodosaur, the best preserved fossil of its kind ever found. Discovered by miners in Alberta, Canada, it's a 110 million-year-old type of plant-eating armored dinosaur. The animal has two 20-inch-long spikes on its shoulders, and, in life, it was 18 feet long and nearly 3,000 pounds.

learn more

No comments: