Friday, May 31, 2013


Topless Crusader Causes Quite A Stir In Philadelphia





click
for video

 


 

 
As she sits topless in Rittenhouse Square, Moira tells Fox 29's Chris O'Connell that she a women's rights activist.  she walks around Philly and New York topless - to prove her point.
"I want to make people feel they have freedom over their own body and we don't have to be ashamed of our body."
This is certainly getting her lots of attention.  Men and woman stared.  Some in disbelief, some giggled.  She even posed for a few pictures.
Along with the attention, comes some trouble with the law. She was detained and handcuffed on Sunday.  "The police officer was trying to tell me if I want to look like this I have to be at a strip club"
Moira was given a citation for failure to disburse, not for nudity.  Why?  Because she was wearing pasties, so "technically" she was not nude.
"Basically I was saying I'm not doing anything illegal. and I'm just sitting here topless with my nipples covered"
We asked Johnston is this something kids should see? 
"Since I don't view them as being exclusively sexual I don't think that they're harmful to see," she replied.
Johnston says she'll continue here topless crusade.  In the meantime,  Philadelphia police and the district attorney's office are still looking into the legality of her topless protest.
 

No comments: