Wednesday, April 2, 2014

VERY GOOD ARTICLE ON THE 2nd AMENDMENT

Rewriting The Second Amendment


20120724-2nd-amendment-cartoon

We just received a very interesting question from a college student.
Hello, My name is [redacted]. I currently go to Florida Gulf Coast University. This week in one of my classes I was given the question,”Rewrite the Second Amendment to address contemporary concerns.” Now being the Facebook user that I am, I do not use it to much, I wanted to get your opinion on this question because I have liked this page for some while now and was just wondering how you all would go on about answering this.
I think that is a very interesting question, worthy of discussion. I also suspect that I’ll reach a far different conclusion than the instructor of this class was likely hoping to reach.
The Second Amendment was very clear as written to the Founders, but the language then in common use is archaic now. My “contemporary concern” is one of language clarification for a modern audience while still maintaining original intent.     READ ARTICLE

No comments: