Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Trump Slams His Own Supreme Court Nominee: 'I'll Criticize Judges'

President Donald Trump appeared to slam his own Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch in a speech to Republicans, Mediaite is reporting.
During confirmation hearings, Gorsuch said he was not comfortable with presidential attacks against federal judges, according to the website.
"When anyone criticizes the honesty, the integrity, the motives of a federal judge, well, I find that disheartening, I find that demoralizing," he said.
But in his speech at the National Republican Congressional Committee dinner, Trump said he will continue to criticize judges.
"The courts are not helping us, I have to be honest with you," Trump said. "It's ridiculous. Somebody said I should not criticize judges. OK, I'll criticize judges."

No comments: