Monday, July 29, 2024

  Hanlon’s Razor and the Attempt on Trump  

Preface – I am not claiming to be a Subject Matter Expert or US Secret Service level of a Protective Services Detail (PSD) god.  This is my reflection on the recent incident based on my related experiences in PSD operations. 

My Related Experience:

In 1997/98, I was a US Army Military Police Team Leader as part of a PSD squad in Bosnia. We were responsible for protecting the Provost Marshal of Multi-National Division, North, which was part of the NATO Stabilization Force (SFOR). During that time, we participated in numerous missions in hostile territory, protecting the PM, his strap-hangers, the people he visited, and others, among other ad hoc missions. This included a Presidential visit by then-POTUS Clinton and Senator Bob Dole. 

Near Bijeljina, Republika Srpska, BiH

In 2003 (Iraq), I participated in the protection of several principals as an ad hoc duty, including Paul Bremer – in a counter-sniper capacity.

Bremer Mission

In 2007 (Iraq), I led a team that provided protection of Governor Jeb Bush, when he visited the Theater Interment Facility at Abu Ghraib, and acted as close protection during his visit.

In the TIF with Bush

In 2008 (Iraq), I was the First Sergeant of a dedicated PSD unit responsible for the protection and safety of the General Staff of the Multinational Security Transition Command – Iraq (MNSTC-I), and as such planned, facilitated, led, and participated in numerous missions in hostile territory to protect 18 General Officers and SES types as well as their Sergeants Major, strap-hangers, the people they visited, and others, among other ad hoc missions. This included the protection of Congressional Delegations, Executive Branch missions, Heads of State/Ministers of State (Kurdistan & The Netherlands), and General Petraeus.  During some of these missions, I was the SNCO, enabling the Commander’s intent, and in some, I also actively participated in close protection, over watch, or in a counter sniper role.  

Joint C/S mission during the Dutch Government and Clerical visit to a Christian Church in Baghdad:

READ HERE

No comments: