Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NAACP: Sterling sanctions don’t go far enough

Plus, Geffen interested in buying the Clippers?

 STORY  April 30, 2014
PICKED UP THIS STORY FROM FACEBOOK, AND I THOUGHT THESE COMMENTS WERE "SPOT" ON......THE FIRST WAS A COMMENT, AND THE REST ARE RESPONSES. {THE LAST BEING THE BEST!]
Who the f@$) does the NBA think they are? This is still the United States of America where we are supposed to have free speech and freedom of property. No matter how much I disagree with that speech. No matter how offensive the speech is. This is beyond PC run amok. This is totalitarian thinking. I haven't been to a Nazi Basketball Association game in years, and believe me I will not be going again.
 
Will I'm so sorry none of you can see your own hypocrisy                                                           
 
David  Bill, while I may not agree with you on this particular topic, I love your conviction!!! Happy to refer you any time!!!                                                                                                                
 
 Bill Maybe all of the people of color whom this man made millionaires out of should give back the "blood money", if they're so offended by what he said. I agree with Kov here, free speech is being put on trial here. Being a bigot is not a criminal offense. If this were the case, why not ban for life any and every African American player who ever uttered the word "cracker", or "whitey"?
The pendulum swings both ways here. The problem is, when it hits someone, the slippery slope you're knocked down is near impossible to recover from.

No comments: