Thursday, February 18, 2016

Clinton: Trump, Sanders succeeding because "people are angry"

Hillary Clinton: "I've always tried to tell the truth"??   CBS News February 18, 2016, 7:19 PM
In an interview with Scott Pelley for the "CBS Evening News," Hillary Clinton explains why she thinks candidates like Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump 

LAS VEGAS -- For Hillary Clinton, these are high roller stakes in Nevada after losing New Hampshire in a landslide and essentially tying in Iowa.She has decided to stay in Nevada through the caucus on Saturday. CBS News spoke to her at her Las Vegas campaign office.
SCOTT PELLEY:What do you think Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have tapped into? It's a powerful thing.

HILLARY CLINTON:Look, I do think, Scott, people are angry. People feel here government's not working for them. The economy's not working. The political system is not working. But I also see in the eyes of the people I'm meeting with, "Okay, tell me something I can believe. Don't over-promise. Tell me what I can believe you will do for me and my family." And that's what I've tried to d

READ ARTICLE

No comments: