Friday, December 8, 2017


  The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act passed Wednesday 231-198 in     the Republican-controlled House, with just six Democrats voting in       support.

  It's a step towards victory for the NRA who lobbied hard for this Act     which would allow you to carry your weapon in states that currently    don't permit concealed carry. The NRA has always maintained that       the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a   gun.

Speaking for myself, I regularly travel through states where even just having a firearm in my car would have me thrown in jail. And that pisses me off. Opponents say "When I'm in New Jersey I have to follow its laws," but I feel this is a Constitutional matter and not a states issue. If you agree with me, then you need to lobby your Senators, right now.

This Bill passed the House but will have a much tougher time in the Senate where the votes currently aren't there. Senate Democrats have already said national reciprocity is a nonstarter. And they are blasting their colleagues in the House for combining it with the FIX NICS Act, a bill that adds additional pressure to federal and state agencies to report people to the national background check system.

Please call your Senator. I've listed them after the article.








Always Prepared,

Kelly McCarthy, Founder, Self-Reliance Central

No comments: