Thursday, April 28, 2016

Trump Rebukes Charles Koch: 'I Got My Own Money'
GOP front-runner Donald Trump on Wednesday said he does not need the support of billionaire businessman Charles Koch.
In an interview with Breitbart News Daily on SiriusXM, Trump said, "What he says bears no relationship on what I do or say. I don't need his money. I got my own money," while also suggesting politicians who take Koch's donations are "puppets."

Charles and his brother David Koch are well-known GOP donors, who have donated large amounts of cash to conservative causes.
The real estate mogul said benefiting from the Kochs' support requires a candidate to follow their orders and he isn't interested.
Trump said his comments about the Kochs were nothing personal, telling Breitbart, "I've always liked the Kochs, they're members of my club in Palm Beach."

Charles Koch, the CEO of Koch Industries, told ABC News in an interview published Monday, Trump's call for a ban on Muslims was "reminiscent of Nazi Germany" and based on the slate of Republican candidates, "it's possible" that he would support Hillary Clinton.
Trump told Breitbart Koch's statement suggesting he might support Clinton instead of the GOP nominee "were not very good for the Republican Party and that's too bad."
"I'm going to do what's right for the American people," said Trump. "And he can have his puppets, and they're all over the place."
"You have a lot of people that need him, and I don't need him at all," Trump told Breitbart. "One of the reasons he wouldn't like me is because I don't need him, and I won't do what he tells me to do, because I couldn't care less."

According to an editorial on NJ.com, Koch suggesting he might support Clinton points out that he is "starting to sense that the war is lost."

No comments: