Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I specifically mentioned her status as a Nobel laureate because I just find it exceptionally hard to fathom that someone with such amazing credentials could say something so utterly despicable and stupid

Nobel Laureate Toni Morrison: “I Want To See A Cop Shoot A White Unarmed Teenager In The Back”

Nobel Laureate Toni Morrison: “I Want To See A Cop Shoot A White Unarmed Teenager In The Back”

   During a recent interview with The Telegraph, novelist, editor, professor and Nobel laureate Toni Morrison listed what must occur before she is willing to admit that racism has ended.
“I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back,” she explained. “And I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman.”
“Then when you ask me, ‘Is it over?’, I will say yes.”
Interesting …
   Last March, two Albuquerque police officers shot homeless unarmed white man James Boyd in the back. And three years ago, black Mobile police officer Trevis Austin killed 18-year-old unarmed white teenager Gilbert Collar.
   Are these two closely related examples good enough for you, Miss Morrison, or do you still require that “a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back”?

To read her interview in full, look here.

No comments: