Saturday, October 8, 2022

 Dear WalMart & CVS ,HomeDepot and all other stores that have self checkout —

You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit stopping everyone.
I didn't choose to participate in that nonsense, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Um Sir” as I kept walking and raised the receipt above my head, leaving the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place like it used to be. I'm not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You want me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem not mine. Don’t Audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us
Copied and pasted, because I agree 100%.


2 comments:

Fred said...

Went to checkout at lowe's and only one line open with almost ten people in it. Go to self checkout but they are all credit card only, no cash. Then the clerk laughs at me when I complain. Bunch b.s. it all is.

Pappy said...

I remember years ago a "K-Mart" near me put in a load of self checkouts. They were there for a year, maybe a year and a half and they took them all out. The amount of THEFT was unbelievable! I actually paid them to hire more cashiers
so they did away with ALL the self checkout lanes. I guess it depends on the neighborhood. Personally, I'd rather have a cashier check me out. If I wanted to be a cashier, I would apply for the job!!!