Saturday, June 28, 2014

"This is the story of how I, Elliot Rodger, came to be..... It is a story of a war against cruel injustice...this tragedy did not have to happen....but humanity forced my hand."

THE SECRET LIFE OF ELLIOT RODGER

"This is the story of how I, Elliot Rodger, came to be..... It is a story of a war against cruel injustice...this tragedy did not have to happen....but humanity forced my hand."
"Elliot was far from evil. Something happened to him...I think that his mind was taken over by a disease." -- PETER RODGER
 
It was in the parking lot of a Home Depot in Isla Vista, Calif., that Peter Rodger would learn that his 22-year-old son Elliot was dead.

"I'll remember this forever the rest of my life," Rodger said. "The way [the sheriff] just looked me in the eye, and he said, 'We've found a deceased person and we found a license in his pocket that fits your son's description.'"

Elliot's mother, Li Chin Rodger, and Peter's current wife, Soumaya Akaaboune, both protested to the police. "No, no, no, no, he's not dead," they pleaded.

"Can somebody clarify this to me?" Peter Rodger asked in the confusion.

The sheriff gave the same cold answer. "We've found a deceased person, and we found a license in his pocket that fits your son's description." It was that moment Peter Rodger realized that his son was actually gone.

What he didn't know yet was that his son was a mass murderer, that Elliot had used knives, handguns and his car to murder six people and injure 13 near the UC-Santa Barbara campus before taking his own life. The carnage caused by his son transfixed that nation on May 23 as his fury left a trail of blood through the campus town.
 

No comments: