Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I had read about shooting the drone, but didn't know it was over his daughter

Dad Arrested For Shooting Down Drone Hovering Over Sunbathing Daughter   

 
                                     
A Kentucky man who shot down a drone hovering over his sunbathing daughter was arrested and charged with felony criminal mischief and endangerment.
William H. Meredith, 47, was in the house when his daughter came in, saying there was a drone flying overhead.
The father grabbed his shotgun and fired at the drone, hitting it. The drone crashed in a field next to his yard, the Washington Times is reporting.
“I went and got my shotgun and I said, ‘I’m not going to do anything unless it’s directly over my property,’ ” Merideth said, noting that the drone briefly disappeared when his daughter waved it off. “Within a minute or so, here it came. It was hovering over top of my property, and I shot it out of the sky. I didn’t shoot across the road, I didn’t shoot across my neighbor’s fences, I shot directly into the air     REST OF STORY

No comments: