The New Jersey Republican, who has faced questions about his temperament in the run-up to his 2016 run, added that his anger remains controlled "almost all the time" and that he's lost his temper "very few times" during his governorship.
   In the interview, Christie said that he does not regret declining to run for president in 2012, when many Republicans were urging him to seek the White House.
   "In 2011 and '12, I was not ready to be president," he said. "And you don't run just because you think you can win, you have to think you can win and that you're ready to do the job."
   He also said that he is not worried that he'll be drowned out in the crowded GOP field for the 2016 nomination.
   "I think the biggest problem with so many people is getting attention, and I've never had any problem getting attention," he said. "So I think I'll do okay."
   Christie announced his presidential campaign on Tuesday in his hometown of Livingston, New Jersey.