Friday, April 15, 2016

Obama: ‘I Guarantee’ Hillary Will Not Be Treated Differently By DOJ  
 
Published on Apr 11, 2016
President Barack Obama sat down with Fox News’ Chris Wallace Sunday, April 10, 2016 for his first interview on that network.Chris Wallace:
“Can you guarantee to the American people, can you direct the Justice Department to say, ‘Hillary Clinton will be treated as the evidence goes, she will not be in any way be protected?’”
Obama:
“I can guarantee that. And I can guarantee that not because I give Attorney General [Loretta] Lynch a directive, that is institutionally how we have always operated. I do not talk to the Attorney General about pending investigations. I do not talk to FBI directors about pending investigations. We have a strict line and always have maintained it.”
Chris Wallace:
“So, just to button this up.”Obama:
“I guarantee it. I guarantee that there is no political influence in any investigation conducted by the Justice Department or the FBI, not just in this case but in any case.”Chris Wallace:
“And she will be…”Obama:
“Full stop. Period."Chris Wallace:
“And she will be treated no differently…”
Obama:

“Guaranteed. Full stop. Nobody gets treated differently when it comes to the Justice Department because nobody is above the law.”WALLACE: “Even if she ends up as the Democratic nominee?” OBAMA: “How many times do I have to say it, Chris? Guaranteed.”


No comments: